CAL OSHA Certifications
This page is set up to assist you with fulfillling CAL/OSHA requirements regarding your overhead material handling equipment.
- There are major differences between lifting equipment rated at 3 ton capacity and below and above 3 ton capacity.
- All cranes shall be inspected visually prior to the first operation on any work shift. §5031. Inspection (a)
- All cranes shall have periodic inspections performed at least four times per year §5031. Inspection (c)
- Cranes rated at above three ton capacity shall be inspected and certified annually by a currently licensed certificating agency and a certificate shall be issued by the certificating agency. §5021. Testing (a) (1)
- All cranes shall have a proof load test performed upon initial use (new installation) §5021. Testing (a) (1) and cranes rated at above three ton capacity shall also have a proof load test performed every four years (quadrennially) §5021. Testing (a) (2)
- Recordkeeping is the responsibility of the owner of the crane and an inspection record shall be maintained §5031. Inspection (c) (4)